I offer my clients the opportunity to work with me in person, on-line via Zoom video conferencing or on the telephone.
Remote therapy is not always appropriate for everyone and ideally we will try to meet face to face for the first session to establish what is best for you.
If we both agree then there are some pointers that will help you get the best from your sessions:-
- Always ensure you are somewhere that you feel provides a quite, confidential space, free from interruptions.
- To maximise privacy, I suggest that clients wear earphones for the duration of the call.
- Approach the session as you would a normal ‘in person’ meeting. For example, you would be dressed and sitting up, not eating or with the TV on.
- Try and position the camera before the session to check as much of your body is in the frame as possible. This will help me notice your body language as well as what you are telling me with your words.
- Let me know how the sessions are going and any concerns or problems you are having conducting the therapy with me in this way, so we can address anything early on.